Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Portfolio and WINNER and wee peek!!



Happy Tuesday, everyone!! I hope your week is progressing wonderfully and you are enjoying each moment! I am kinda busy at the moment...supervising and moving stuff!

I wanted to share with you a holiday portfolio I made for the 4th Issue of the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Magazine. The image you see above is one of the inside panels of the portfolio and I used one of the darling little Wee Stamps by Sylvia Zet called Winter Fairy. She was stamped on X-Press It Blending card and colored with Promarkers, adding Liquid Applique and Prisma Glitter.

Here is a pic of the 4 panel portfolio closed:



The following pics show the portfolio standing on the table and a couple of close up shots of the inside panels:







Simple How To:
The base is cut from heavy white CS which measures 18"X24". This size allows the portfolio to stand up when unfolded. On the long side, score at 6", 12", and 18". On the shorter side, score at 6". Fold at the score lines and use a very strong adhesive tape to make the 4 pockets at the bottom--I ALWAYS use Scor-Tape and know that the portfolio will stay together. Each panel on the outside measures 6"X12", and on the inside each panel is a 6" square. I machine stitched each panel but of course that is not necessary. I also double matted each panel which is also not necessary. Proceed to decorate the back and the inside as you wish. I purchased tags, weekly planner,note cards, etc to put into the pockets but that is up to you!!! I also made some library pockets to hold additional tags. Have fun!!!

This is a pic of the outside of the portfolio standing on a table:



List of some of the supplies I used: Nesties, WOC Poinsettias, WOC Holly Leaves, WOC Red Organza Ribbon, WOC Tree Ornament, Whimsy Winter's Jewel 1 Die, Small Calendar, WOC Jute String, Stickles, Liquid Applique, Glamour Dust, Charm, Red Satin Ribbons. I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting and the DP is from the Bo Bunny Father Christmas Collection.

I hope you like my little creation and will let me know what you think of it! If you try one yourself, I would love to see pictures of it!!

WINNER of SWEET STUFF
Thank you all for leaving such sweet and kind comments! Mr Random.org has made his selection...and the WINNER is:

Shirley who said...

Jacque you're cupcake card is very sweet! And I love your candy...thanks for sharing..Hugs, Shirley

Congratulations, Shirley!! Please contact me before this Friday morning at 8 AM EST so that I can get your prize out to you!

My sincere thanks to each of you for dropping by and I hope you will come back often! It is always such a joy to know that you have been here!! For those of you who have asked about the move of my craft STUFF...I will give you a first peek of the paper room which is ready for shelving/shades/curtains!!! See there!!! I have been busy!! lolol


Big hugs to each of you!!!! Until the next time, enjoy your week!!!

46 comments:

Lorraine said...

WOW THIS IS STUNNING HUNI WHAT A GREAT GIFT FOR SOMEONE AND WOW I CANT WAIT TO SEE MORE PICS OF YOUR CRAFT SPACE XX

Aunty Sue said...

just stunning and i am gob smacked

Jenny said...

Ein ganz bezauberndes Werk. Wirklich wunderschön.Liebe Grüße.

Kasia said...

This portfolio is fabolous! And I'm waiting for more photos of your craftroom:) Hugs!

Sylvia Zet said...

Beautiful portfolio Jacque!
Enjoy your busy week too:)

Aj. said...

Jacque..

Do we have a slight 6 x 6 paper addiction going on there...

I don't feel half as bad about my stash now !! Showed this pic to my dear husband... never again shall he moan about my paper purchases lolol

Aj.

Welkom bij Happy Stamper said...

woooow this is wonderful.

love you're card.

hugs
angelique

Ardilla said...

Wonderful card... I love wee stamps! Your job is amazing... I would love to receive one card like yours :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jacque~

So much in one post! The card is so great! I love the image...Dave and I are "bird people!" And, I love the liquid applique effect. (Is it affect? I have never been able to understand the difference!) Your portfolio is stunning! I love the very first page best of all. It is simple yet so beautiful. It would make a lovely card on it's own. Just how much creativity do you have inside your head?! :) This is an amazing project. How long did it take you to make? A year? lol

And, your craft room...I'm so interested in how you are going to make it truly yours. Are you going to post Magnolia's on the walls? Paint a certain color? Hang your awards on the walls? OH!! I just thought of it..Are you going to be able to transplant all of your roses to the cottage? Will they be able to be moved this late in the year without too much shock? Oh, Honey, I surely hope so. I know how you love them. Maybe you could paint a giant rose on a wall... Please let us know about the roses.

And, congratulations to Shirley! You are surely blessed. What a great gift to receive!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous portfolio.

Marie-Anne

Marion said...

Hi Jacque,
This is such a fabulous gift idea. Love the layout and all the gorgeous trimmings.
Thanks for sharing the how to.
hugs
Marion

Helen said...

I already told you that I love these portfolio's when I saw them in the magazine.
Your paper craft room looks fabulous. Hugs.

Sol said...

Stunning Portfolio... So many Beautiful pages... Beautiful papers and Decorating...
And Congratulations to the winner.. and to you with your New Craft room... Fantastic with so much light.. windows.. And all your boxes.... I wish I could take a sneak peek... :o)

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh wow Jacque, that is so gorgeous!!

Becky Dunham said...

Love this portfolio Jacque! That image is so sweet :) Thanks for the tutorial - I would love to try this. Congrats to Shirley! I am jealous of your craft space already - it is so clean :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, I just love this. I might have to try making one. Thanks for sharing how you made it.
Congrats Shirley!!
Thanks for showing us your paper room.

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

lovely!!!
congrats to the winner
hugs from Brazil
Rosana

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous! What a fab project. I've been trying to get my hands on that little stamp of a girl - and she's constantly sold out!

Good luck on your move!
Sarah
http://sarahsassy468.blogspot.com

Hanneke said...

This is so beautiful! This is such a great gift for Christmas. Looks like your craftroom will be great! Hugs, Hanneke

THERESA said...

An amazing creation, the recipient will be so in love with it!! Can see a lot of work, but also a lot of love went into this, gorjuss!!
lotsa luv
ps:: lotsa work still left for you with the room, but boy when it is finished, you are gonna enjoy it so, so good luck with that!!!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous Jacque! Splendid!!! Can't wait to see your room when finished :O) Hugs! Leah Ann

Deni said...

Love this portfolio Jacque! That image is so sweet

Sandy G said...

What a gorgeous portfolio.

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
what a super amazing and huge project you've made sweetie, it's all gorgeous hunni
shirley congrats hun, enjoy your prize
jacque sweetie thanks for thr chance hunni
your photo is super, can't wait to see when it's ready hunni
hugs angelique

Cheryl said...

Hi Jacque, your project is stunning it's so beautiful tfs.
Hugs Cheryl

LaJanette said...

OMG Jacque what a fun project! That portfolio is just STUNNING! Love all the details and of course you would also decorate the back panels; so like you!

Congrats to the winner:0)

Hope to see a picture of your craft space once you have put everything in its place. I will tell you that it looks so organized. Hope you are doing well:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Maria Luisa- scrap said...

An amazing creation
Hugs
Maria Luisa

Christina C. said...

OMG....your portfolio is absolutely PHENOMENAL....WHAT A LABOR OF LOVE!!!!!!
Each panel is a work of art. Absolutely stunning, Jacque! You never miss a beat....your attention to detail is amazing.

Snoopy said...

Wow! That portfolio is amazing! I love all the little touches.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Елена Казарцева said...

Здорово! Klass!!! Cool!!

Shirley said...

Oh my gosh....I won your candy! Thanks so much Jacque! I have a big smile on my face now :D
And your portfolio is amazing.
Hugs, Shirley

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card sweetie ♥Woooooow look at all that paper!! you must be in crafty heaven ♥

Linda . J said...

Beautiful creation Jacque love the colours and your gorgeous design.
Hugs Linda

Sarah said...

Wow Jacque, this is gorgeous, so much detail x

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Jacque! Your craft cottage is going to be super. You must be so excited.
As for your portfolio it is awesome. I love all the papers and each panel is made so beautifully. I love the Wee stamps. this one is so cute.
Hugs Maz

Larisa said...

Jacque, What a great job did you do. Gorgeous card with beautiful details.
Love . Larisa

Lucy said...

Jacque, you're killing me with your work! How long did it take you to make this absolutely beautiful card?

cebelica said...

Wow Jacque, this is truly spectacular. I loooooove your creation. Absolutely amazing! Hugs!

Susan said...

I really love these, I enjoyed very much the breast CA awareness one you made and now this beauty! Where do you find card stock that big?
The room is going to be great!!
Hugs,
Susan

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW this is absolutely stunning Jacque, and I would really love to try this one, but not sure, if I´ll have time this year, asI´m also just about to move my craftroom out into a much bigger room, so I´m just about to pack everything down and mocve it all, and as I have to build all the furnitures as I go to make it fit perfectly, then I´m afraid, I wount be finished in time for christmas this year LOL.
Will definately look forward to see more of your crafty space too, and maybe I can get some really great ifdeas there too? he he he
Have a wonderful day hun.

Mary Lou said...

Goodness Gracious Dear this is MARVELOUS!!!!!!! What a wonderful christmas display :)
Hugz

Maureen said...

Your portfolio is stunning, well done.
Maureen.........x

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque!! I just Love, Love, Love this Christmas Portfolio!! It is so gorgeous!! Every detail that you have put into is just perfect...from the DP's to the cute image!!
It's like four gorgeous card in one!! The person that receives this is going to jump with Christmas Joy!!
Big Hugs,
Suzan

Crea Astrid said...

Wowwww, what a beautiful creation. Nice done. Lovely details.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Jean said...

Oh my Jacque, lookin good.. you've been busy, but hope you've been resting too.. love your colors so far and hope you stick with a colorful room so that it keeps you happy.. Love your card, so gorgeous. Oh the joy yhou will have when all the work is down, everthing is in its place and you are stiiting down just designing and having fun... what a wonderful time it will be.. Have a great time..
Huggies, Jean

Trish said...

What an incredible card/portfolio, Jacque. You have put a lot of thought and effort into it and would make an amazing gift. You are so talented, and I really love seeing all your creations. TFS Hope you are keeping well.
Hugs,
Trish x