Friday, August 28, 2009

Hilda Dances Like No One Is Watching!!!


Happy Friday everyone. I hope your week has been a fabulous one and that your weekend will be delightful.

This week at Friday Sketchers 67 we are hosted by the unbelievably talented Claudia who has given us a very interesting and challenging sketch for the week!

I hope that you will hop over to the Friday Sketchers blog and check out the wonderful DT Sample cards and will join with us this week in using Claudia's sketch. Be sure to link your blog post in your comment and also link back to Friday Sketchers in your post in order to be eligible for the week's prize. This week's fabulous prize is from Verve Stamps so come on over and join us!!


For my card I used Bazzill CS for the base, PTI for all matting, and Papermania Blueberry Hill from the UK for all DP. I also used Ballerina Hilda from Motivet. After stitching all bottom panels for both the outside and the inside, I stamped Hilda 3 times, cutting her out in her entirety once and just the tutu on the other. I used silicone glue for the dimension. Hilda was colored with copics and the tutu is Stickles. I used a small piece of Sheet Music paper from Crafty Secrets for one panel and Allegro CB embossing folder for the other. I used tulle, reminiscent of the tutu, for the left side panel. I then added a filagree heart tied with tiny silk ribbon, a rose and bow buttons, several mulberry/tulle roses, and finally my piece de resistance, for a touch of whimsy, the cutest little hippo button in the lower right corner which also has stickles on her tutu...lolol

For the inside I added some pink trim and several ballet themed buttons to the first panel. The highlight of the jotting panel is another dancing hippo!! To complete the inside I added some MS oblong pearls to each of the corners to soften them.

Thank you so much for dropping by today to see what's happening!!! I appreciate each of you so very much and hope you will come back often...I love to hear what you think of my little posts. Have a delightful and safe weekend and until next time...enjoy and DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING!!!!!!! Hugs!!

34 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Perfect card and great theme Jacque. You always got the perfect emebllies to match up with the card theme. Your dedication on your creation is beyond 100%!
Hugs,
Cabio

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely beautiful Jacque!

Ann said...

Oh Jacque this is so gorgeously cute, I just adore those litte hippo buttons and all the little added extras on your card, themed to perfection - as ever. Beautiful stitching too. Love it. Ann xxx

Ali Dantre said...

Super stunning! I love this card!
Hugs
lisa.xx

you have a beaut of a blog.x

Moni said...

Waw great take on the sketch, love the cute image! Great papers and cololouring! Love the details! Have a fab weekend! Hugs,Moni

Unknown said...

wow jacque, my dear, your card looks pretty and really funny. i love the hilda and your card is so lovely too.
have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
big hugs, bea

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Jacque. Fabulous colouring and yummy papers also. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

Rosette said...

Haha.. makes me wanna dance this one :)) That cutie patootie is adorable I can tell you :))
WOW indeed, I love those Blueberry hill papers, I used them on the project I blogged today :0

Huggies xx

Jane said...

What a cute card. Love hippos and dancing so putting the two together feels right. Love your blog. Excuse me, gotta go dance now. Take care.

Janet said...

PRECIOUS card!! Love the colors used (mostly pink), the hippo dancing is SO cute, and also those buttons used are just right for the card!!

Janet

Katie W. said...

So cute Jacque! You always have the most perfect accessories. I don't know how you find them all! The hippo is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh out loud when I saw your card.... soooo cute and funny!!! Hilda is presented in all her finery. She is putting on quite a show. Love it, sweetie!!! Hugs, Christina C.

Friday Sketcher Design Team said...

Jacque! This is just the sweetest and funniest card! I am always so impressed at the little details that you add that so perfectly compliment the image and yet never distract you from it! I honestly cannot believe that you found a dancing hippo charm. You are incredible! Have a great weekend sweetie!
Hugs Jeanette

Sharon Caudle said...

So, so, so stinkin CA-UTE, Jacque! I totally love this little hippo and you have highlighted her perfectly. Love every element! Including your adorable little hippo buttons! LOL! How can you not smile at this card?! Fantastic! hugs!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness she is so cute! Love the card!

Suzan L said...

Hello Jacque, This is a darling card inside and out! Hilda is colored in so perfectly!! And, I love all the ballet related details...especially those cute little hippos!! What a wonderful card!! I love it!!
Hugs, Suzan

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGosh, what a gorgeous card!!! I love all of the little embellishments and your coloring on that way too cute hippo is out of this world stunning!!!! A true piece of ART!!!

Nancy said...

Hi Jacque...This is so very adorable!!! I love Hilda and you have colored her perfectly! Love all the details and the little Hippo buttons too cute! i don't know where you find all your goodies but they are always perfect. Your card is just the sweetest inside and out! Love It!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Sheri said...

I am loving these Motivet stamps! The pink stickles are perfect! Love this Jacque!

PaperSunshine said...

Wow the details are amazing! Wonderful card and how on earth do you always get the perfect embellishments for your stamps?! That hippo button couldn't be more perfect! Love the ballet slippers too, goodness like I said the details are amazing :)
hugs,
Lori

Chris (catt871) said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO freakin' cute!!!!!! LOVE that stamp!!! I just bought her, but haven't received it yet!!!!! LOVE all the pink!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ahhh you always have perfect cards!! The image is adorable and I can't believe you had a matching embellishment! I also like the music notes embossed onto the paper.

Candy said...

TUTU CUTE Jacque!!!!!!!
I have never seen such a cute Hippo and in a tutu to boot!!! LOVE your Hippo buttons - you do make the time and effort to find the perfect embellishments for all of your cards! I am so very impressed.
Lots of love to you - miss you - Candy

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jacque, i am absolutely loving your card, what a gorgeous image and those papers are yummy. I am adoring this weeks sketch too. I hope you are well hunny, my thoughts are with you as always, hugs Linda x

Andrea said...

Wow, that is such a beautiful card - love all your little details on the front and inside! Gorgeous image, beautifully coloured.
Love, Andrea xx

Jessica G. said...

Goodness did this little gal ever make me smile! Pink is perfect for your ballerina, especially with a bit of lace added in! I really like how you accented the CB music panels and the inside is amazing, Jacque!!

Vivi Casale said...

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. so cute Jacque!! I love the image and your card!!
Hugs
Vivi

Anonymous said...

So girly! I love this card. You added so many special little details. Very cute Jacque!
hugs all the way from Alabama
Pam

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful!!! I love pink and all the pretty details! Perfect!

Big Hugs Tanja

Anonymous said...

Definitely a "cutie-patootie"!! And, of course, I see you used your favorite color, Jacque -- PINK. Everything coordinates beautifully, as usual. Cute, cute, cute -- you can put her in my mailbox anytime!
Hugs, Lillian

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a fabulous card hb.
i love love your coloring and embellishments
thank you for using my sketch
hugs
claudia

shelly said...

oh my goodess this is just darling! my fave dt card this week from FS.. big smiles! shelly

Tracey said...

Hilda is adorable and the card is gorgeous!! Love it! xx

Carole said...

Really sweet card Jacque...and what perfect matching accents!
Hugs
Carole x